Becoming a writer is one of the best ways to grow your creativity and connection to life.
Becoming a teacher who writes is one of the best ways to grow as a teacher of writers.
Our Building a Writing Habit course will help you:
* Find time in your day and life for writing
* Learn to use writing for professional and personal fulfillment
* Build up a notebook of writing samples through daily writing prompts, reflections, and goal setting
* Grow your creativity and appreciation for the stories that surround you
We will meet weekly online via Zoom to write, connect & share.
Session topics to include:
* What does it mean to be a 'writer'?
* Understanding how fear affects you as a writer
* How being a teacher-writer helps us be a stronger teacher of writers
* Developing and growing your writing habit
* Keeping a notebook
* Finding your writing community
* Finding time for writing when life gets busy
* Discovering ideas for writing
* The different ways to write
* Bringing your writing life into your classroom
This online writing workshop is great for those who are new to writing, as well as those who are looking to grow as writers and teachers of writers.
Choose your day:
Session 1: Mondays, 7/1-7/29 (5 weeks) 1:00 - 2:00 PM Central Time (2:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern) via Zoom
Session 2: Tuesdays, 7/2 - 7/20 (5 weeks) 9:00 – 10:00 AM Central Time (10:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern) via Zoom
(You will receive an email about two weeks before the course begins in which you can pick your day. If you can't make your regular day, you are welcome to join the other session of the same week or view the recorded video.)